- Don't dirty your current relationship with unnecessary rubbish. Don't use your current relationship as a dustbin for all your negativity or previous hurt from previous relationships. Sort out your past with a therapist or counsellor. This is respectful to your partner.
- Don't talk about your past romantic relationships unless you are asked, even then you can respectfully decline as you realize that your current partner is what is important - not the past.
- Make time to listen, be affectionate, and relax with your partner. Make it very clear, on a daily basis, that you love them. Attention is very important.
- Make sure that your presence is constantly alive. Stay in daily communication and make sure that your tender loving care fills your partners life. Presence is crucial. If your presence fades away then your relationship will wither and die.
- Keep the romance alive. Constant small gestures are better than infrequent large gestures.
- Don't take your partner for granted. A relationship is a living thing and needs to be kept alive.
- Be humble.
The most important aspect of your loving relationship is to make sure that your partner feels your presence, even if you are away on business or leisure. Presence means that your partner knows you are there for them, know that you are thinking of them, knows that you love them.