What is HELM?
HELM: Holistic Effective Life Management
The three functions of HELM are:
This is achieved in three stages of study and practice:
- Understanding and developing the individual by using The Seven Center (chakra) System.
- Understanding and developing how the individual interacts with others and the world
- Understanding and developing the individual's relationship with the vaster life entity that is the "Totality of Existence."
HELM is concerned with assisting people to free themselves from negative, destructive, painful, and confusing states of mind, and introducing them to positive, clear, creative, simple, peaceful, benevolent, useful, and happy ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving.
DEVELOPMENT OF SELF-AWARENESS AND A HOLISTIC PERSONALITY
Holistic human experience is clearly represented by the seven center system. We can begin to understand and master the human experience when we understand this simple and effective life management system. The first aspect of this process is to study and understand the seven center system and to remove the dark cloud of ignorance and egotism from every area of our lives.
Every natural aspect of human life as represented by the seven chakra system, is an integrated and healthy part of a normal, balanced life. We can analyze the seven center system and remove any unnecessary ignorance, dysfunction, misunderstanding, and disease from our life. Once we understand the HELM system, then we can teach others to do the same. This will help increase the level of holistic health and understanding throughout the world.
DEVELOPMENT OF HEALTH AND SKILL IN EVERY AREA OF LIFE
The seven center system is a holistic representation of human activity. When we understand it then we can begin the process of removing negative beliefs concerning all the centers and their corresponding activities and experiences. As we do this, we also begin to develop confidence and skill in each area of life. We have a simple and effective holistic health map to work with. As we develop positive qualities then we are more able to take a fuller role in the great network of activities that is The Community of Life on Earth.
DEFINING THE WORD "SPIRITUAL"
We find this word being used by many people but without any logical definition.
The word "spiritual" means "holistic health, understanding, and transcendent considerations" that enables us to:
- Master the human experience, but without destroying the "ultimate mystery that is Existence."
- Integrate all areas of human life in a holistically healthy way.
- Cultivate the ability to consider others and to learn how to behave in a humanistic and considerate way in reference to The Community of Life on Earth.
- Understand ecology - the process and the Unity of Life on Earth.
- Respect the process of life on Earth.
- Support and help the process of life on Earth.
- Learn how to live an interesting, supportive, aware, responsible, and enjoyable life.
- Realize that Existence is ultimately an unfathomable, awe-inspiring, and complete mystery - transcendent considerations.
PURPOSE OF HELM
- To present a popular and comprehensive holistic effective life management system that has been synthesized from modern psychology, Yoga, Buddhism, and Taoism.
- To present various "transcendent" lifeviews that encourage the individual to realize our interconnectivity with the vast and mysterious nature of the Totality of Existence that we are a small part of.
|God -||The mysterious and vast Totality of Existence|
|Soul -||The individual, a drop in the vast ocean of the Totality|